1. Call for Papers for the APA Western Division in Vancouver, April 16-21 2018.
Send title, affiliation, and contact details as soon as you can to Lydamir@mail.com
2. Call for papers for group meetings in the APA conferences, all divisions, and for hosting these meetings.
Please contact Lydia Amir, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some conferences are held in conjunction with the International Society of Humor Studies conferences in order to enable participants from both conferences to mingle, with the goal of enriching philosophers’ knowledge of humor and humor theorists’ acquaintance with in-depth philosophic studies of humor, laughter, and the comical. It also holds meetings with the APA and the World conferences of philosophy, until someone invites us all to a private conference…
- The IAPH held two group sessions at the American Philosophical Association Western division in Vancouver, Canada, 1-5 April 2015.
- A first international conference has been organized at Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, on July 2nd 2016, in conjunction with the 28th Annual Conference of the International Society of Humor Studies (ISHS).
- The association has held two group sessions at the American Philosophical Association Western division in Seattle, USA, 10-15 April 2017.
- The second international conference has been held at the Université du Québec in Montréal, Canada, in 10-11 July 2017, as part of the ISHS conference.
- The third international conference has been held in Tallinn, Estonia, in June 25-29 2018, in conjunction of the ISHS conference.
- The association held two round-tables (3 hours) at the 24th World Congress of Philosophy, Beijing, China, August 13-20, 2018, whose theme was “Humor and Learning to be Human”, with an impressive international list of philosophers.